A senior officer of The Augustan Society, Inc., is the Vice-President. He is elected annually by and from the Board of Directors. His membership on the Board is his only qualification.
He is tasked to:
- Serve in place of the President whenever that officer is unable, unwilling, or cannot be contacted in a reasonable time.
- Succeed to the office of President when that office is vacated.
- Chair meetings of the Board in the absence of the President and Chairman.
- Chair the Annual Meeting in the absence of the President.
- Perform all other duties incident to his office and such other duties as may be required by law or by the By-Laws, or which may be prescribed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
It is also expected that he will prepare himself to succeed the President. In doing so, it would be appropriate for him to contact all members informally to get to know the resources he will be drawing upon for appointments.