From Augustan Society Staff Wiki
- Acting in the absence of the Secretary or in the event of his inability or refusal to act;
- Performing all the usual duties of the Secretary as assigned, and when so acting, shall have all the powers of, and be subject to all the restrictions on, the Secretary;
- Such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him by the Board of Directors or by the Secretary.
In practice, specific tasks include:
- Receiving and sending correspondence and email on behalf of the Society.
- Preparing the Agendae for meetings of the Board, the Annual Meeting, and such committees and sub-groups as may request it.
- Taking Minutes for each meeting of the Board, Membership, and such committees and sub-groups as may request it.
- Maintaining, in cooperation with the Assistant Treasurer, the current working Roster, and the Membership Book.
- Tracking attendance of Directors at meetings of the Board for the purpose of effecting Standing Rule VIII.
- Tracking the contributions and achievements of members for the purpose of calculating who may be eligible for election to or promotion within Fellowship, receipt of Service Awards, and eligibility for Sub-Groups.