From Augustan Society Staff Wiki
The duties of the Secretary of The Augustan Society, Inc., as itemized in the By-Laws are:
- Certify and keep at the principal office of the corporation a copy of the By-Laws.
- Keep at the principal office of the corporation and at some appropriate remote location a book of Minutes of all meetings of the Directors and Members.
- See that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these By-Laws or as required by law.
- Be custodian of the records and of the seal of the corporation and see that the Seal of the Corporation is affixed to all duly executed documents.
- Keep at the principal office of the corporation a Membership Book containing the name and address of each Member, and, in any case where membership has been terminated, he shall record such fact in the book together with the date on which the membership ceased.
- Exhibit at all reasonable times the By-Laws, the Membership Book, and the Minutes of the proceedings of the Directors and of the Members of the corporation.
- Perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as may be required by law, by the Articles of Incorporation of this corporation, or by the By-Laws, or which may be assigned to him from time to time by the Board of Directors.
Note that in practice, most of the above duties are delegated to the Assistant Secretary.
Additional duties are his by tradition or Board direction:
- House a backup copy of the Minutes of the Board and Annual Meeting, and such other documents as may be felt vital.
- Nominate an Assistant Secretary.
- Appoint such other Assistant Secretaries as may be felt needed.
- Appoint a Custodian of Insignia.